1.7.08

La Mirada




A story I once began to write when I was in high school.  Lost my copy of it... but here I am, in attempts to re-write the story my high school classmates once loved, and I once dreamed of finishing to write.




(First attempts of this story goes way back to 3rd year high school, 2004.)

Inspired by the love that my classmate has for her boyfriend (now after 4 years or more, has become her ex-boyfriend).  The perfect girl, the obedient daughter, who later found herself in a hidden relationship with the boy.  Her principles and morals are now questioned and her loyalty tested.

==========================================================


La Mirada




    One sunny summer day, Jacky wakes up.  She goes over the window to greet the day ahead of her while stretching her arms wide open.  As she peers down her glass window, a huge moving truck caught her eyes.  She has heard about the next door house being sold already after the Johnson's moved out and transferred to Ethemia.  Jacky observed the cargo as it was being unloaded.  She sees two couples standing just at the side of the back opening of the truck as they watch their belongings being unloaded.  Everything they unloaded seemed to be the typical house particulars one would expect from a couple, until somethings were different.  A bunk bed with a blue mattress still in plastic was rid off the cargo, along with a small blue pony ride the kind that babies have, a ball, a baseball bat, a dart board, and a foosball table.  She then figured they had a little boy.


    Jacky then washed up her face and brushed her teeth.  She tied her hair up as to rid of the morning hair do and hurried down the stairs.  She grabbed and apple on the table and joined her father as he walks out to greet the new neighbors.   Bitting the apple she had one her hand, Jacky greets the couple with a smile.

"Hello there! We're the Loretto's." Jacky's father greeted, extending his hand as to offer the couple a handshake. "This is my daughter Jacky." He then quickly added.   "We're the Garcia's, we just moved here from Riverdale.  I was re-assigned by the company." "And we were lucky to have found this house for sale in such a lovely village." Mrs. Garcia added.  "I'm sure you'll love it here. It's a pretty nice neighborhood. Well, we'll leave you guys to do your unpacking and just give us a knock on the door if you need anything." My dad answered back.

    In the house, come breakfast time, "We should probably bring over some breakfast for the Garcia's, they probably can't prepare anything yet, with all their stuff still packed" my dad said while swallows a mouthful of rice and hotdogs.  "Yea, I'll bring them something over after I eat. Manang can you please prepare more hotdogs and some eggs so I can bring them over to the Garcia's.  And rice too, please." I yelled at Manang our house help who was still busy in the kitchen.  I shared to my dad "I think the Garcia's have a little boy.  I was hoping you'd allow me to ask them if I could baby-sit for them anytime they needed me to this summer."  I was not in it for the money, if they offered to pay that would be nice too, but I was just fond of kids.  It would also be like having a little brother, I am the only child after all.  After my mother gave birth to me, due to some complication she was taken away and gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment