25.8.09

Intramural Opening

After my 2 hour or so nap, I lay awake in bed. I was debating with myself whether or not I should go attend our school's Intramural Opening. I realized I have been lazing in my room for a couple of days now and I should get up and about, moving. So I showered, got ready and instead of having Jade pick me up, I got a ride with my dad. He brought me to USC main campus right after we dropped my sister Holly off for school.

Strangely enough, there was a very long line outside the school that reached the corner. People lined up to get in, good thing the line was fast moving. I was in before I knew it, met up with Jade. There was another long line just inside the campus before you can actually enter the gym.

I was a bit nervous at first, should I really go in a very packed gym with an empty stomach? The possibility of me fainting due to an empty stomach or lack of oxygen was being pictured out in my mind. I was reminded of what happened last Sinulog, just this year.

FLASHBACK: I nearly fainted by Fuente circle. It was only me and Elwin. We were trying to make it through Fuente circle since it was the shorter way to my house. The passage way was somehow blocked and we were in between people who were pushing forward and backward. It so hard to breath, I could feel the lack of oxygen and the heat was intense. There was also a person who just fainted up ahead, not far from us, the medics had to get through her. Elwin instructed me to look up and close my eyes and try to just inhale and exhale. He'd taken me to the side where the crowd wasn't as aggressive. Tears started falling down my eyes as I felt dizzy. He bought me a bottled water, I drank it and started to calm down. My hero- Elwin.

Back to the present time (lol.)- So we were in, Jack called me up, it appears he had spotted me and Jade walking to and fro, trying to get a seat. It was my first time being seated at the West Side of the gym. It was my first time as well without Elwin and Mara. I still went and attend though, as this would be my last Intramural if things go according to plan.

I was really pissed off by the guy beside me, Jade even said we should switch places. He knew how I was really irritated by that brat. He kept throwing these messed up comments, constantly cussing, and trash talking. A few things he said (not exactly the way he said them, but the idea is there):

* "The school is soooo stupid. Why are they letting us wait for sooo long, why can't they just get on with it?!!"
- my rebuttal: You are such a dumb boy. As stated in the school program, the opening begins at 8:30am but you just came too early. If you didn't come too early though, you wouldn't have a seat. Stop whining!

* On the girl who offered a song number "Boo! F*uck you, f*ck you! You are such a waste of time! Is this what we came here for?! Boo!"
- my rebuttal: If this was a waste of time to you, you shouldn't have come. I doubt anyone forced you! And if it was a required attendance, just get over it! Respect the person trying to entertain someone worthless like you!

* "P*sti. K*yata. F*ck. Sh*t."
- my comment: Boy you have such a bad mouth and sorry face. Grow up! Don't go cussing all over the place, there are ladies beside you, you moron!


Grrrrrr....


And as if that weren't enough, I had to deal with the people from the college of Nursing who were getting on my nerves as well. They kept booing and hissing on the other colleges except for there. No respect much?! And they kept shouting out to the college of Engineering "Baho mo'gcheer dance CR" (You're restroom stinks!). In my seat I kept going on to Jade about how annoyed I was. First of all, a big percentage of occupants of the Engineering building are (or at least were) from the college of Nursing - the nomads who inhabit on other college's building. Second of all, for someone who is sharing building with them, they have NO RESPECT. Thirdly, for sure you (the college of Nursing people) use the Engineering restrooms as well. Ugh! They also went on about how biased the judges were just because they didn't win first place on the competition (they won 3rd place). Get over it!

And somewhere between the first half of the program, my camera battery was out. I wanted to take a lot of photos for this last one. I had to settle with my Sony Ericsson K800i's 3.2mp camera phone. :p

Anyways, after all that frustrating ordeals, we were out of the gym to grab some grub. I had dimsum steam rice (54php) and siomai quail egg (50+php) with it, and Royal (9php) for drink. After eating with Jade, Ron, Clifford, and hia Jermy, Jade and I went strolling on the Wrockledge (did I spell that right?). There were these B.A. students' exhibit things there. I ended up buying from 3 different stalls, from my friends Rachelle Ang (38php), Janet Discaya (42php), and Genevieve Dale Po (21php). But I didn't eat them, I had them swap and eat since I was full. Maybe I should've taken B.A. huh? But then again. not. I wouldn't have met Elwin. :p Also, after lunch I saw Monique Lim- YEY!

Going around for a bit, I decided to go home since Jade didn't want to watch the basketball game anyways. Jade walked me to the jeepney stop and I rode my 06B jeepney home. Did a little Farmville, Tweeted a bit, and then went to sleep.

I watched GET SMART on HBO after I woke up and had my snacks. After that was the Biggest Loser- amazing how they can loose all those weight. Others think it's a scam and all but I think otherwise.


Tomorrow I'll be off to TC for a Seminar, 8:30am- 11:30 am. Way to kill the Intramural spirit right? Pena will be checking attendance. I'll try to get out of the Thursday's morning seminar.


LAST WORDS: Intramural Opening is not the same without Elwin and Mara, especially without Elwin. :(

But thank you very much Jade for accompanying me to what might be my last Intramural Opening. Good bye Intramural.


a frustrated

-pringles


/* update
Photos from the Intramural Opening
(Photos were mostly zoomed in, sorry for the not-so-good quality)

I went with Jade

Opening


The Different Colleges (Intrams Players)


International Student's Team/ Representatives


Different College Muses
with Ms. Cesafi (uber pretty)
and Ms. Intrams 2008 (bad outfit and gained weight)

USC Dance Troupe


Cherr dance uniforms that disturbingly seemed like underwears at first glance

Another photo of the cheer dance






6 comments:

  1. jadechiro : appears he had spotted me and Jade walking to and *fro*, trying to get a

    ReplyDelete
  2. jadechiro : its Wrockledge.. haha! :) wai blema na bai ungas, THANK YOU pd. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. fro is no typo man ;) thanks for the proofreading. lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh! uu! to and fro == back and forth? ryt? sori my bad.. ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. achi~ >:D< yeas, i agree with the whole nursing thing. people booed them btaw pud :)) (so mean but it's true!) samuk kaau na sila sa CAFA. hogging and dirtying EVERYTHING. D:<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Mon... hehe. They're very noisy pud before when we were still at AS, and it isn't their building pa jud. They come in blocks man sad gud. Cgeh nlng. Hehe. xD

    ReplyDelete