9.8.09

Rich to Richer

So I've been away for a bit, I'm happy to report to you guys that I HAVE A LIFE! :)


Anyways, I'll be posting a blog about how my June and July went, since a lot has happened in those two months. The blog for both will probably be a long one, but hey, it's my space to blog right? :)


So since I'm only in school half the day, I come home for lunch most of the time. I've been watching this show on ABS-CBN, a TV program called WOWOWEE. It's what my yaya watches while I eat my lunch. After a few days, I've come to enjoy the show.



host of the show WOWOWEE (Willie Revillame)




Last Friday, August 07, I skipped school. I think I had something close to LBM, my stomach was upset and all. I wasn't able to sleep well. My yaya woke me up for lunch, I ate at the breakfast table just outside my room since I was too lazy to go all the way down to the dining table. I wasn't in any mood to eat but I knew I had to eat something.


After my meal, I scanned the TV for something good, but nothing was on. I resorted to watching WOWOWEE. The have this game where they have people that belong to a certain category, audition for a spot to be able to join the game. The theme for that day was people with yellow uniforms. Willie (the host of the show) interviewed this girl and found out that she was the house help of his cardiologist. He went on about the heart doctor and how thankful he was to him and his family. He said that his doctor would text message him to check on him and remind him to watch his diet. I was appalled when he revealed that his cardiologist doesn't even charge him for anything.


I have nothing against Willie or his kind cardiologist, but that statement just got me thinking. Willie is rumored and believed to be earning 1 million pesos a day, on the average. I find that very hard to believe but I haven't read or heard otherwise from elsewhere. It also got me thinking about other celebrities. They are rich already as it is, yet people offer them FREE stuff. There are those poor people who can barely afford to eat, but you rarely see them getting any free stuff. Sad sad thing. People who are in dire need of medical assistance and stuff but can't get any because they don't have the money and means of income for it.


So, a while back, sometime summer, I text messaged one of my friend Luy. I told her that we should do a fund raising thing this sembreak, I pray that it will push thru. I just recalled that short conversation we had thru text messaging.


The thought just got stuck in my head. The RICH getting RICHER (more rich) because of all the free stuff and perks they get to enjoy, and the POOR getting POORER (even more poor) because they are charged for more than they make. I have nothing against the rich or the media, the celebrities, sponsors and all, nothing against anyone, just putting my thoughts out here.




from the mind of
-theMISTFITgirl



2 comments:

  1. I heard Willie was poor before being the host of Wowowee. The opportunity just saved his life.

    ReplyDelete