29.9.09

Typhoon Ondoy



We're planning to pack up donations tomorrow and have it dropped off on one of the drop off sites here at Cebu. It's nice to see that at times like these, a lot of Filipinos help out. Nice to see most people still have their hearts. My sincere prayers go out to the typhoon victims.

I'm looking into volunteering this Thursday or Friday. I hope I'll be allowed to. But for sure we'll be donating, no excuse not to!

Check out this post Elwin showed me:


From Facebook

I hope the one who made the commet won't mind me placing up that print screen. :p If you do mind, if the owner is reading, let me know if you want me to take it down.

Also, there are those taking advantage of the situation and using this tragedy to gain more profit by increasing the prices of their goods even after price freeze was declared. It's so cruel, taking more from those who have lost a whole lot already. Sick right?

Let's pray for those in Manila, those affected. Also, let's help pray they can withstand the upcoming typhoon this Thursday. It is reported to be even worse, and that what happened last Saturday was just a "taste" of what is to come.

There's also this girl on Facebook, a Filipino, who said that "buti n lng am hir in dubai!maybe so many sinners bak der!so yeah deserving wat hapend!" (Good thing I'm here in Dubai! Maybe there are so many sinners back there [Philippines]! So yeah, they deserved what happened) Talk about ill-wishing. Repugnant much? Her name is Jacque Bermejo. Elwin told me about this person earlier. I found a blog about her too! Amidst everyone posting links to help out, instructions and numbers as to where to donate, she posts up this comment. Elwin said everyone reacted instantly and that they made a Facebook account against her. How can she say something like that? What's even more disgusting is- she is Filipino! More hate comments from two other people, I heard is worse than that of Jacque's. I didn't bother reading it. :P





Read a little more about Jacque and found posts that did defend her. What do you guys think? Amazing though how in less than 24-hours she's become an instant celebrity with a whole lot of haters already! And I also came across this Youtube account that kind off pissed me off.




A lot of blogs up out there for haters, for help, and for news. We are blessed with the Internet, information is disseminated so quickly. And it's now easier to ask for help.

For the victims, check out this online spreadsheet.

For Cebuanos who wants to extend their help:

Some photos of the incident which I got from the net:
















sincere,
-pringles08


No comments:

Post a Comment