11.12.09

Sick.

I've been sick since Monday or Tuesday night I think. I felt this lump in my throat and when I woke up in the morning it was awfully dry and it did hurt to swallow. I had a cold sore in my mouth also from Saturday I think. I was removing my retainers that Friday night and it got hooked on my lower lip and wounded it somehow, it bled and the next morning I woke up- viola! There it was, the cold sore staring me right back at the mirror. It got bigger by the way, until Wednesday when my throat got all weird. Happy to report the cold sore is gone now.


[okay so while I was typing I was all "sh*t", I normally don't cuss but I panicked! My right foot cramped. And I just hate that! Even though it doesn't last that long, it scares the crap out of me! I mean the nerves get all weird and it feels like it's all tied up and it's just AAHHHH!]


So, for catching up's sake, I'll go by what happened for the past few days since I'm feeling better somehow. I've been trying to use my "sickness" as an excuse to put off blogging but I'm still facing the laptop watching shows and streaming movies. :p 


December 4 - Friday
So I've had this TGIF coupon worth 1000php right? A birthday gift from my good friends. They wanted Elwin and I to have a fancy dinner date. So that Friday we used it. I had dinner with my family and my boyfriend. My parents paid the excess amount of course.


Dinner wasn't as amazing as you'd think and expect it would be. You'd think since they charge triple the price from other fine dining restaurants like Mooon Cafe or Casa Verde- you'd be in for something amazing, but I quote my mom- "It's nothing special". It did however, pretty much reminded us of American food, but that was no shocker. But we all didn't regret trying out the place. We spent over 2500php there, just 5 of us. I don't think I'm going back there.


There was this saying on the frame which had a photo of a dead artist on it and I liked what it said, it might have been from one of his songs- "So long the journey there, so short the stay." It totally reminded me of the "bugsay" (rowing) sessions we had at Agta, Leyte. 2 hours rowing over there and we stayed for about 10 minutes to 15, and another 2 hours to row back. No photos, no proof that it did happen- just our funny memories.


December 6 - Sunday
Mom went Christmas shopping at SM and my sister and I almost went coo coo from hanging around. But eventually we got to do a little shopping of our own. All I got was a jacket and a little purse or pouch thing though, I didn't really feel like digging into the items.


After having Elwin wait for a little over an hour, we got to Ayala and finally met. I was able to give him his SAD book and we had snacks together at Taco's. After that Holly called us up and told me that we should catch up with them at Metro Cafe to eat. And so we ate yet again! :) That was dinner- some fancy spag for Elwin and some fancy-named ribs for me. But of course I wasn't able to finish it up so Elwin had to save me from that. 


December 7 - Monday
We met Kyle's girlfriend- Marga. Elwin and I ran late since Elwin still had classes up to 8:30pm and we were to meet at 7pm. When we got there, they were done eating. 


It was their first month mark as a couple and we finally got to see who she was. She reminded me of Kristyl B. on her appearance, and the way she talks reminded me of Emmie T. Princess agrees with both of the observations I've made and Kyle only agreed on the latter. 


Dinner at Matia's. The usual awesome place. Sad news is they've increased their prices by a peso- but still, it does matter especially for students like us. (Except Princess and Junel- no longer students. *wink*) Kyle says we'd have to find a new cheaper place to dine at soon. But I still love their barbecues.


Attendance:
* Kyle T. *
* Marga *
* Emmie T. *
* Stanley L. *
* Princess A. *
* Junel C. *
* Elwin "macho man" M. *
* Allie *


We also discussed Christmas party plans. After Matia's, Emmie and Stan went home and we went to IT park since I was craving for ice cream. I had me some Oreo McFlurry (which I mistakenly keep calling SwirlyBitz. WTH?!) Dropped them off and Elwin accompanied me home. I was home around 11 on a school night and dad wasn't happy. But hey, my Tuesday class doesn't start 'til 12noon.


December 8 - Tuesday
A day I don't really want to talk about. first time I ever missed class for this semester. My auntie Anne had her baby and it's another boy! :) And half-jokingly I told my mom to ask the baby from her since she already had two boys and a girl- and as always my mom answered "Unsa na?! Baktin?" (What do you think of the baby? A piglet?) Haha. It would be nice to have a brother, or another sibling for that matter. :)


December 9 - Wednesday
I was craving for freshly fried fish for lunch, but that didn't happen. Later I craved for Shakey's- but it just wasn't in our budget. I think my period is coming anytime soon since I'm craving for food. :) 


So it seems as though we wouldn't have our English class, Elwin and I left and went to Country Mall (the mall across the new school) to check out some fans my sister wanted me to buy for her, but I didn't find any good one. I also bought Shawarma for snacks and munched on it at the Food Court. 


After that mom text messaged me to meet them at Ayala. It was drizzling a little bit and so Elwin went with me  since he had a two hour break. we got to Ayala and ended up having dinner at Shakey's. Hooray! Elwin got to eat before he left for school. It's always nice to have my boyfriend join me and my family for a meal. 


December 10 - Thursday
Math quiz I wasn't prepared for, but hopefully I make the 70% passing mark. 


Went with Harrison C., Jokas R., Daren O., and Elwin to have Jerseys done. I ordered one for myself as well. Elwin and I both chose number 16 for obvious reasons. :) The joy-ride back to school in Daren's car was fun too. 


December 11- Friday
I was too lazy to even try and get up to shower. I couldn't imagine driving to school. A good day I chose to be absent since there weren't any classes due to Teacher's day celebration. I missed our research group meeting though, but my group mates understood. I e-mailed them my contribution and I hope it was of use.


Stayed home all day- no shower! Had my massage sessions and now I'm blogging. the bad thing about today- aside from me being lazy, I didn't get to see Elwin. Poo. hopefully tomorrow, love. :) I miss you already.


To whoever is reading: I'm sorry this is a long post. No one forced you to read it, but if you did- thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is much appreciated. Especially if your name is Elwin. :)




not-so-sick after all,
-pringles08





5 comments: