22.12.09

Two Books in a Row

For this month I've read 2 books so far. Both bought at PowerBooks, SM for 299php. :)







I really enjoyed the first book "Love the One You're With". Taught me about love, regrets, and commitments. In one line: "Love is a choice". It took me about 1-2 weeks to finish this one. My excuse: I had school to busy myself with. I even had only an hour of sleep on the last day of reading this book. Haha. 


I quote from Emily Giffin's book:
But maybe that's what it all comes down to. Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to something, someone, no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way. Maybe making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all. 
Basically it's about a girl who after 100 days of married life, bumps into her ex-boyfriend who she was totally crazy and obsessed with years ago. And then she finds herself in a difficult situation. 


The second book was a thicker one, had more pages and smaller font size. But I managed to finish it in 2-3 days time since I didn't have school to bother me for the time being. It was fun to read. Basically it was like reading IMs, e-mails, letters, and post cards. It made me want to get back to e-mailing, sending post cards and stuff. The title of the book (I almost forgot to mention): "Love, Rosie". It was formerly published as Rosie Dunne. I loved every part of it. 


The book was about 2 best friends, friends since they were five and they loved each other since. But their love remained unspoken of to each other for about 50 years. Every time one of them tries to tell the other, something comes up. They've been through a whole lot, but in the end- what was meant to be, was meant to be. Cecilia Ahern, the author of "Love, Rosie" was also the author of "P.S. I Love You". I really, really enjoyed the book. I felt the frustration Rosie Dunne and Alex Stewart felt. All along, they belonged to each other but they were both too afraid to admit it, they were afraid to lose the friendship they have.


Anyways, it's the Christmas break and Elwin told me to give the buying of book a rest for now. He is very much concerned with my sleeping so late. I love you with every bit of my heart, but I'll reason with him tomorrow. It's the Christmas break after all right? But I really should give that Java book I borrowed from Daren O. (Thanks Daren! You're a pal!) a good read to prepare myself with that particular programming language. But then again, it's the Christmas break! I think I deserve to be merry, ya? 




a bookworm in my own little ways,
-pringles08

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment